MY MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT



MY MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT


We live in a world where reality strikes and we have to face our fears. It is true we all go through life and experience our own awkward moments.


Embarrassing moment can be awkward and can equally be your turning point. However,when you grow over it you could look back and laugh it off. Sequel to this, every person has a moment or a few memories which he remembers through out his life .


Actually, days are not the same. To put into perspective,  there are good days and also bad days.  Life and nature must surely happen, however not everyday is going to be a good day ,as long as one lives in this planeth earth. You have got to experience embarrassing moment that could make  or break you. It could be you experiencing sadness that comes with the embarrassing moment to know happiness or you. However, despite the whole thing ,you would never scale through the hurdle if you don't move.


This embarrassing moment could also be a medium to prepare your tomorrow ,to build your capacity. It could also mar you by taking away your self esteem and the little confidence you have in yourself.


There's nothing wrong with getting embarrassed,per se but there is everything wrong if you let it define who you are.  Everyday is a new day, we have got to learn from each passing day.


Every person has a moment or a few memories which he remembers through out his life .Many of us might have been stuck in this situation at least once.

In the candour, some things can be remembered easily . There is always a way to relate to your embarrassing moment. But sometimes as you think back to that day it could make you and laugh or feel bad depending on what that day brought, even when you have outgrown it.


By nature and temperament,  I'm wired as an introvert. As a kid growing up ,I have had countless moment where it seems so akward and embarrassing. I have been in this table, caught up in the web of space with red face and praying for the ground to open and swallow me.


I have been there .I have tasted the bitter pill of embarrassment.I might not be able to recall every moment but I could lay bear of this particular one. 

This happened in my junior secondary school. Although ,I was smart,ontop of my game when it comes to academic work. I had involved in so many quiz competition and came out excellently. I was among the best ,but I had a big challenge. I was not a comfortable public speaker. I prefer to do my thing on my own ,read my books, communicate with some few selected friends especially my study groups then and then after school hours retire to my home. I have never for ones engage in public speaking , debates and all that,but when it comes to quiz you can count me in. Yes, I’d never been a  talker in class as a student in high school. I was shy by nature, and feared embarrassment.


However, it happened that there was a time I experienced one too many of the embarrassing moment. Then, there was a debate and due to my academic brilliance my English teacher who was also a corper at that time selected me and some other students to do a debate; titled "Day students are better than boarding student" or vice versa. I could not say no to this even though I don't really know how to speak much in public which is what I have had to deal with for most part of my junior secondary school.


In all, I yielded to it and I oblige to participate in it. In the aforementioned topic to debate on ,I was on the opposing side with one of my other colleague. We were four in numbers. Two from my side and two from the other side. 


Moving forward, when I got the topic I felt there was need for me to write down some vital points from my little experience as a day school student to counter my opponent who is taking the side of boarding school being better than day school. Ideas, facts came from my head after much tinkering and thinking. To crown my efforts ,I made some researches and I was able to garner additional points to counter my opponent and convince the audience who would be in attendance. I had to read,read,and memorize all the facts and points that I have.


The truth is ,I may be good but am not good in craming but I tried to cope and not to let my teacher down. Fastforward to the D-day after much preparations and all that. The day finally came for the debate in school, but it turns out to be a sour day for me. On stage all eyes were on me and all the debater's. I could not even look at the crowd with my head up high. I mean fear had already arrested me, but I had to do the debate so I told myself try what you can and leave the rest.My partner spoke first and she nailed it. Then my opponent took the center stage and delivered. It got to my turn ,I began to flow slowly, but I was tensed, it wasn't me on the stage, I was sweating profusely,I couldn't even look at the crowd. Inside me I know the battle I was fighting to just speak , anyhow and leave the stage. I must say ,it was not an easy ride for me because I have not face a large crowd before to speak in public. I was tensed , anxiety took over the best part of me because of stage freight and facing the people. Inside, me I felt like jumping out of my own skin. It was like riding the world's heaviest train on a biscuit wheel.


It was like a near paralyzing moment, fear to put up a great performance with the point I had. I could not perform admirably. I had to gather myself and finish up. After, I’d finished my heart was pounding and it took me awhile to fully compose myself. In the was so embarrassed within me.


If you have ever faced an embarrassing moment before, you could share with us in the comment section .

Post a Comment

0 Comments